Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day at the Cabin

First of all, Bill had to hike up and see if he could ski the chute he usually does on Memorial Day Weekend, or as soon as the road opens up and he can get there.  That chute had a cornice that was way too big so he just skied down the way he went up.  I tried to take a video of him skiing down the mountian but I'm still learning how to use my camera and I don't believe I got a video at all.  Anyway...you can see Bill...and the mountain and imagine him skiing.

Bill is still happy with the boots and skis Tammy gave hime.

 Starting the big climb.



Me, practicing taking photos with the panoramic setting on my camera.


After the ski down.




We then went on to the cabin where we unpacked the groceries and started in on the relaxing.  Bill had to build a campfire, of course.  It was just cool enough for me to want to stay in the cabin, out of the chilly breeze and near the cook stove.

Larry and Joanne made it up just after noon.  We had a nice visit and a wonderfull dinner then Larry and Joanne had to hit the road before the weather deteriorated. 




Everything is so green and pretty.  The aspen leaves are still not out yet.  The photos don't do it justice. 




Looking forward to the next trip up in a couple of weeks when we can spend the whole weekend instead of just a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment